Monday, September 26, 2011

X-Ray, oh Joy!

So, everyone is concerned that my sprained ankle is still making a painful appearance.  I get an email this morning, "If your ankle hurt AT ALL during the (Great) Race, you should NOT run on Saturday".  What's so bad about that?  That was supposed to be my "Grand Finale" of the racing season... my first 10K, at Clarion, my Alma Mater.  I wanted to show myself how far I've come.

I can recall a dinner at the cafeteria-- potato soup, french fries, and mashed potatoes- obviously, eating healthy was not on the list.  Though I did hit the gym once in awhile, there really was no effort at all there.  I even remember looking out the window one morning at the ALF (Autumn Leaf Festival) racers thinking, "Who would ever want to do THAT?!"  And look at me now!  Though, I'm no tri-athlete, I've definitely come a long way.

So, I called the doctor, who called in a prescription for an X-Ray.  Yay, fun.  We'll find out the results tomorrow.  Please, oh please....

No comments:

Post a Comment