Monday, December 19, 2011

Running without the Tunes

I meant to post this last Thursday... but alas I didn't have time to think until today (when 1 child is sleeping, and the other at preschool!)

So on Thursday, I did my first 4 mile run without the music.  Man, once you are used to it, it's CRAZY how much you depend on it!  I made it though... but I definitely don't think I could have a few months ago.  It was a lot harder for me- not impossible- but I actually felt like a Biggest Loser competitor when they have to strap the weight that they lost back on, and then complete an assignment.  I felt like I had weights on me.  Music always seemed to just carry me, to get my mind off the pain/ uncomfortableness, put me in a good mood, gave me that extra boost to make it up the hill, get me fired up when I was ready to quit, whispered those words in my ear, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...".

But, for safety purposes mostly, I feel like I need to learn how to do it without the music.  I'll save music for gym workouts and elliptical.

On another note, I've been able to make it to Run Club a little more often, and I'm learning how much running with others helps, and makes it more enjoyable!  Yesterday, we made it almost 6 miles, and I literally felt like we went 2.  I'm so thankful for having found this group!

No comments:

Post a Comment