Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Favorite Recovery Drink!

Amber's Iced Mocha  
  • 1c. Silk Vanilla Almond Milk  (or skim milk with with a little bit of vanilla extract added)
  • 4T Rich Chocolate Ovaltine
  • 2 tsp. Instant Coffee
  • 4 Ice Cubes
Put all ingredients in a blender, and blend to the consistency of your liking!  (I prefer small ice chunks in mine!)


So, over this passed year, I've been learning about what kinds of food are best for you to eat, and when to eat them.  My favorite discovery this summer was chocolate milk!  Knowing I had some waiting for me at home when I got back from a run, gave me that extra boost I needed to keep going!  

And then, I found out that  adding caffeine WITH the carbs from the chocolate milk helps to restock your muscle glycogen storage even faster than carbs alone-- so why not add some coffee and ice cubes-- no calories, and it practically DOUBLES my after workout treat!

Yum!  Give it a try, and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment